Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Following God's Will

Have you ever been to a place in your life that you felt God leading you in a certain direction? I'm at that place right now. And I'll be very honest with you, it is the scariest place I've ever been. I know, I know, you all are saying that trusting God shouldn't be scary. Well, you try stepping off a cliff and not knowing what or if there is anything at the bottom to catch you.

My husband has been on me to sell our house, I love our house. We have totally gutted it and remodeled it and it's a dream house to me. I know it may not mean anything to anyone else, but nobody else has lived my life and went through the struggles and pain that I have. So, I fought against selling it. Then, it came to me that I was putting the house ahead of my husband, who is supposed to be the head of our household (sometimes I have my doubts about that one). So, I told the Lord that I would not be guilty of "laying down treasures on this earth" and that I wanted my treasure to be in heaven. I also told Him that if this is what He wanted from me, okay.

I know, I'm rambling, but I gotta lay a foundation. LOL

So, I contacted the realtor on a Monday. We signed a 6 month contract, she put up a sign. On that Friday, another realtor was in my driveway with a buyer. The buyer fell in love with our house immediately and made an offer while she was in my driveway!!! I tell you my realtor was in shock!!! Well, not everything is smooth sailing, even when you are in God's will. The lender required a home inspection and they told us we had to get a few things fixed in order to continue with the process. My husband said "nope". So, there went that. The buyer's realtor said that made the contract null and void. Then, this morning, my realtor calls and said that the buyer wanted to pay for the electrician herself, because she really wants the house. I told her she could do that.

Now we just wait and see what develops. I want to continue to be in God's will and not to be in His way.

No comments:

Post a Comment