Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Atkins Experience

Howdy, I've decided to try the Atkins diet. I have no clue how well I'll do, but I have to lose some weight. I started on June 16, 2010 after I discovered I had "wings" under my arms. LOL

Anyway, I'm looking for some delicious ways to stay on this diet. I have to stay full or I'll grab the first thing that I can to stuff in my face. :)

So, I've discovered that I can eat all the meat I want (which is a good thing, since I like meat). But my real problem is the snack thing...what can I eat that is not full of carbs.

Here is a list of some of the things I've found so far...

1. Sugar free Jell-O (with cool whip)

2. Low carb chocolate covered ice cream (on sticks)

3. Pork skins (I made a dip of 1/2 cup mayo, 1/2 sour cream, 2 tbsp. spinach seasoning)

4. Dill Pickles

5. Vienna Sausages

6. Boiled egg



I do miss my Pepsi at lunch, though. The unsweet tea and water is not gonna cut it for me for long. I'm gonna have to do some more research to see what else I can drink. I don't like the flavored water stuff because of the Aspartame. It makes me crazy!!!

What I'd give for some Spaghetti and meat sauce.

Tomorrow, (June 30, 2010) will be 2 weeks on Atkins...I've lost 4 lbs. I guess that's a good start, but I was hoping for a little bit more. I may have lost an inch in the waistline, but I didn't measure when I started. I think of these things after the fact. LOL

My dear husband comes home tomorrow and I'll have to modify my eating to fit in with his, but I don't think I'll have too much trouble sticking to it. I'm bound and determined to lose this weight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment